An experienced, degreed, certified behaviorist and trainer. Flexible evening & weekend hours. Reasonable rates.
Need to teach practical obedience skills for home and in public? Want to stop serious, scary or aggravating behavior problems? Carmen LeBlanc, a Certified Animal Behaviorist and Certified Professional Dog Trainer, will help your pet become the enjoyable, trustworthy companion you want.
Behavior training classes in Ridgefield!
For dogs with issues who don’t work well in regular class environments. Enjoy small classes and expert instruction in a structured environment with lots of individual attention that set you and your dog up to learn and improve.
- Reactive Rover 1: Next class starts March 1, 2020. Does your dog bark, pull, jump and lunge at other dogs while on-leash? Do you want to take a training class or just enjoy your walks but can’t because of your dog’s behavior? Are you ready for solutions? See link below for more information, and email Carmen for a class registration form. Can’t make this one? New classes start every 6 weeks.
- Cautious Canines: Next class starts March 1, 2020 or as soon as it fills. Is your dog a worry wart or nervous Nellie? Afraid of people objects or places, and can’t listen to you when stressed? Come learn best practiced for conquering fears and fear-related behavior problems.
- Outta Control Canines: Next class starts March 1, 2020 or as soon as it fills. Is your dog rowdy, jumpy, mouthy? Impulsive, high energy, excitable and out of control? Get relief and effective training tools that improve your dog’s obedience and channel his energy without squashing his fun personality. Perfect for adolescent dogs or dogs who still think they’re adolescents.
- Private in-home training: from comprehensive puppy schooling to advanced adult obedience.
- Skills your dog may need: house training, chew training, crate training, car training, door manners, polite greetings, down-stay, reliable recalls (come when called), leash manners/heeling, manners with children, manners with cats and other dogs, quiet training, retrieve, leave it, drop it, relax for baths, grooming and medications.
- Problems you want gone: house soiling, excessive barking, jumping up, chewing, digging, play biting & mouthing, counter-surfing, garbage raiding, chasing bicyclists, bothering other pets, and more.
- Fun dog sports: Rally Obedience, Competition Obedience, Canine Freestyle, Tricks.
- Behavior evaluations: to help you select the best temperament for your new companion, puppy and adults.
Choose which type of private training you prefer
- We work together to train your dog.
- I teach you how, coach you through, and you
do the daily practice.
- Ideal for those with time for training and interest in the how-to.
- You relax and let the expert train for you.
- Once I meet your goals, you learn how to maintain and enjoy the results.
- Ideal for busy people who want faster results and don’t have time for daily practice.
Behavior therapy – for more serious behavior issues
Behavior therapy (a.k.a., behavior rehabilitation or modification) is for problems that go beyond simple training and aren’t resolved by taking an obedience class. Emotion-based problems stemming from aggression, fear and anxiety require comprehensive education and expertise to resolve without harming your pet or owner-pet relationship. Treatment includes obedience training, but behaviorists also use specialized techniques to change the underlying emotions that trigger the problem. These techniques resolve the issue humanely at its root, rather than temporarily suppressing its outward symptoms through punishment.
Changes in behavior can be caused by underlying medical conditions. After your pet has been evaluated by your veterinarian, we’re here to help you find relief and solutions.