About the Behaviorist
Carmen LeBlanc brings both a master’s degree in animal behavior and 25 years of professional experience to her work helping dog and cat owners like you find relief from frustrating, costly and sometimes dangerous behavior problems. You can count on science-based behavior therapy and obedience training that’s proven effective, pet friendly, tailored to your goals, and supportive of you.
- Master of Science degree in animal behavior/experimental psychology (the science of learning).
- Graduate Specialty in Applied Behavior Analysis (the science of changing behavior)
- Board Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist (ACAAB) (through the Animal Behavior Society).
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT) (through the Council for Certified Professional Dog Trainers).
- Valedictorian graduate of the “Harvard of dog training schools,” the Academy for Dog Trainers (CTC).
- 25 years of experience: behavior consulting, teaching training classes and private lessons, writing class curricula and a library of expert handouts, managing training departments from a luxury pet lodging facility in Hood River to animal shelters in Washington and Oregon.
- Competes and titles her own dogs in Rally, Competition Obedience, Canine Freestyle and Tricks.